Wednesday 23 May 2012

Is it okay to row on your honeymoon?

So here I am, on my own in the Hotel lounge, in Jamaica because we've had a slight disagreement over what presents to buy and we are both sulking.... Don't get me wrong we are having a brilliant time here but two weeks is a long time to spend with the same person day in and day out without SOME disagreements surely?

The day didn't get off to a brilliant start with the OH in bed ill and me wandering around and left to my own devices. Without him keeping a firm and safe grip on me I did manage to slip a couple of times in these ridiculous flip flops and without a male companion you do attract some unwanted attention from the locals so I was relieved to see his familiar face a couple of hours later.

It all turned sour when I questioned his choice of gifts and he became defensive, then fiery and now sulky. In my own extremely grown up way I retaliated with some vaguely abusive comments and after lunch in complete silence I have continued my sulk in the hotel lobby.

I am wondering if it is normal because out of the three weddings we have attended on the island, we are the only ones who seem to have had a fall out... They never last for long I suppose but it does make you feel slightly abnormal? Is it normal? The stereotypical newlyweds are barely seen leaving the hotel room...

My last long term relationship consisted of me barking orders and those orders being (most of the time) obediently followed. The only arguments that we had were the ones that I had with myself because he was so laid back that he was always so unaffected by my ranting. It WAS easier but it lacked passion and we were both unhappy. He sought solice elsewhere and I buried my head in books (and the sand)...

When I met my OH I was completely unprepared for someone who always fought so strongly for what they believe in and who is prepared to tell me when he thinks I am behaving like a brat - which can be often...

One of the things I love most about him is his fire and it lights a fire in me that I've never had before...

So, to conclude... Is it normal to row on your honeymoon? My answer is that its normal for us! The odd spat here and there won't harm anyone and there is always the make up sex to look forward to afterwards...

And on that note. I'm off to loosen a few more buttons and hunt him down to see if I can persuade him to apologise...

I am on my honeymoon after all ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment