Thursday 4 April 2013

The Diary of a Submissive by Sophie Morgan


 

‘Sophie Morgan is a young, independent woman working as a journalist. She’s intelligent, articulate, witty and fun. The girl next door. Except that in bed she surrenders her freedom to a dominant man for their mutual pleasure.’

I had been eying up The Diary of a Submissive for quite some time before I actually took the plunge and decided to buy it. I was so fed up with cheesy tales of horny domineering millionaires (that I have never managed to finish) and I was on the market for a decent book that I could really get my teeth into.

Sophie Morgan had me hooked from the very first page! The book is a memoir discussing how a young girl from a happy stable upbringing travels into adulthood and makes the life changing decision to hand over her free will and submit to another man for sexual pleasure.  There are three main men in the story and even a surprise appearance from a ‘trainee female dominant’ who I do hope one day Sophie gets her revenge on but I won’t spoil the reason why. When Sophie meets James it seems that she has found an ideal partner who shares her enthusiasm for BDSM and love begins to blossom. But can their relationship thrive under such an intense lifestyle and will Sophie have to choose between the man that she loves or the lifestyle that she craves? You’ll have to read it and find out. I’m not spoiling it!

It is because of Sophie’s stable upbringing that made the story more interesting for me. There are no dark secrets and no drugs or excessive alcohol involved. Sophie is a happy,  intelligent young woman and the decisions that she has made are all hers, and she is happy with her choices. She repeatedly assures the reader that despite an uncomfortable situation she always had the opportunity to leave and has chosen not to. As a matter of fact, quite often her body betrays the signals of her enjoyment of the punishment and humiliation that she is subjected to. It’s a controversial read so perhaps not for the faint hearted, but it is a tale that will open your eyes to the world that is BDSM in all its glory.

The story is also told with wit and humour and Sophie is incredibly likable. Her story is very well written and is a no holds barred account of her life as a submissive. It is a really good book and an unputdownable read. There are parts that are very uncomfortable to digest and I actually found myself gasping out loud in horror and other parts that made me laugh out loud. The mix is perfect and the plot is exciting as you never know what Sophie is going to do next. If you haven’t read this book then I strongly suggest that you beg, borrow or steal it from somebody. You won’t regret it!
You can find The Diary Of a Submissive By Sophie Morgan on Amazon and Kindle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment